torstai 26. elokuuta 2010

France, je t'aime

Days to go: 4

Today I finally got the last ones of the needed papers and forms for France. I can tell you that renting a flat in France isn't the easiest thing to do! You need birth certificates and passport copies and blabla the list is endless! But I'm glad it's all taken care of now :)

So I thought I'd share some information about the city I'll be living in for the next 4 months or so. Here we go!

(map by me)

The city I'm going to be living in, Lyon, is located in the south of France, near the borders of Germany, Italy and Switzerland. Because of the great location, we're already planning on visiting the neighbouring countries, and I really hope I'll get to see them during my stay :) Paris is also a must-see location, because I've never been there.

Lyon is the 3rd biggest city in France with a population of around 500 000 people but combined with the urban areas the population gets to 1,8 million. It's not too small a city and I'm really glad that there's probably lots of stuff to do.

I'm also very excited that the river Rhône goes very close by our apartment :)

If you have anything to ask about my new hometown, please go ahead :) I'm probably going to make a better entry about the city when I've settled in.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who's shared their opinion on the banner. You can still do so in the previous post!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti