maanantai 13. joulukuuta 2010

Décembre à Lyon

It's +3'c and the sun is shining outside, I guess the situation in Finland is slightly different. Anyway, Christmas time is here as well even though we don't have snow and it's not dark all the time (the sun rises at 8:12 a.m. and goes down at 4:56 p.m.).

Our biggest shopping mall, Part Dieu, got its Christmas decorations about a month ago already.

Kind of cheesy I know but definitely helps you to get some of that Christmas spirit when you're doing your shopping. Oh how much I miss shopping btw, I haven't bought anything after my Interrail trip about a month ago.

This is how Bellecour looks like. This is the city center area if I haven't mentioned earlier. All the riots and all that took place there too.

I love the big Vans Era advertisement at Bellecour :)

A couple of weeks ago we had something very funny at Bellecour: a ski-jump ramp! That looked so much fun!

Some of the jumpers were wearing funny costumes. And they came down from the ramp with whichever thing that slides e.g. snowtube, skis or whatever.


There was also a specific fake snow area for children who could try skiing there.


I found that kind of funny and it's nice that children from cities and urban areas can try skiing here without having to go to a specific skiing center.

Merry-go-round :) They have a lot of those in Lyon.


Candles are the best when it's dark and cold outside.

And last week we got a shitload of snow. It melted already tho and this week the temperature bumped into +18'c :D Way to go France! And I think that I don't even have to mention French people's ability to drive in snow. Nothing worked here when it was snowing.

2 kommenttia:

  1. hahahh :D tuli nuista lämpötiloista vaan mielee, make sano just että ens viikon alkuun on luvattu helsinkii -27-28 astetta! tervetuloa suomeen :)

    - kuhan hanna

    VastaaPoista